Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Dining Room

In continuing to make the house feel more like Valentine's Day for the month of February, here are my attempts in our Dining Room:

It is hard to get a good photo in our dining room as the walls are burgundy and the dining room is shaded from the afternoon sun so we don't get a great deal of sun light in this room.

These hearts shaped placemats were purchased from TJMAXX.  The square white plates, red square salad plate and white bowls were what we decided on for our everyday dishes.  I may change the salad plates for different occasions but since red is one of my favorite colors, they will probably get lots and lots of use.  The red iced tea glasses were purchased at Christmas time last year and really look great here.  The centerpiece is a round mirror plate with a pillar candle on it flanked by two turtledoves.  The turtledoves are hard to see behind the red glasses but there is a better photo of them further down in this post.

Here is a close up of the place setting.  The flatware is the same red flatware I purchased for Christmas this year.

With the candles lit, it really begins to look romantic.

Here is one of the two turtledoves flanking the center pillar candle.  I was in  the Christmas Tree Shoppe this year and he just flew into my basket.   He just had to come home with me.

This sign just HAD to go here.  This is our "temporary" china cabinet.  It is actually a stackable bookcase from Haverties that we have chosen to use as a china cabinet until we find the one we really want.  It currently holds the china dishes my paternal grandmother hand painted in the 1930's-1950's.  On top of the bookcase are our family photos.  Right behind the "L" is a small photo of my husband and I at our wedding so many years ago.  Next to that is the "Four Generations" photo of our family on our trip to Australia to visit with our oldest son, his lovely wife Liz and our two grandsons, Daniel and Michael.  There are four generations of Hastings guys in this photo.

Here are those turtledoves that flew into my basket.  There is also a sweet cherub candle a dear friend in Italy sent me one year for Christmas.  He just completes the setting so well.


The angel stitched above was a gift from another dear friend in Australia.  It is a JustNan design and I hope to stitch some of her other angels and frame them in a similar manner so I can have more angels in the house.  She is on one of our dining room walls but I want to do another one and maybe have them on either side of the big window in that room eventually.

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful table and it matches with your wall really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona. I had fun making this one.

    ReplyDelete