Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas dishes

I saw these dishes in Walmart and thought they would make a very pretty Christmas table.  Now, mind you, I have Christmas dishes at home but this is my weakness!  I like setting a pretty table and Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and I love to have all that Christmas decor out making the house look so pretty.  I searched high and low for red goblets that would not cost a lot and finally hit the jackpot when I happened to find these in Macy's on sale.  They were a little bit more than I wanted to pay but when I got them home, I realized I actually got a good bargain as they are Irish Crystal and not just pretty red glass.  










4 comments:

  1. Beautiful table. I would love to do that but I have naughty cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelleen. Fortunately, my pets are well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your table is beautiful! Love that birdie china...what a great find! I know what you mean about red stemware...it is so perfect for Christmas. Your's is especially beautiful! Red glassware also works great for Valentine's Day and the 4th of July. You'll be so glad you have it. The centerpiece you created is wonderful and I love how you incorporated beautiful red birds to reflect your lovely Christmas china. I'd be tempted to leave this table set all season...too pretty to take down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Susan. I have kept that setting up all season. I had not thought about the red stemware for the 4th of July and you are right! I will have to keep that in mind. During a recent trip to Atlanta for my husband's cataract surgery, we stopped by World Market and I found great flatware that compliments these dishes well.

    Your blog has provided me with lots of great ideas and I am so glad you have it out there. I struggle to find a decorative gene in my body but I do know what I like when I see it. I just have trouble pulling it all together when I see pieces here and there in stores. Your blog helps me greatly in getting ideas! Thanks so much for having your blog out there for inspiration.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete