Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beginnings of St. Patrick's Day Tablescape

I have not had time to make all the placemats but have begun to get the table ready for St. Patrick's Day.  I am not Catholic but I AM IRISH!  In fact, my English ancestor, Daniel Candler, was disowned by his family for marrying an Irish lass named, Hannah Fiske back somewhere about 1725.  They emigrated to America in 1735 arriving in Virginia.  Daniel was part of the "upper class" in England being related to the throne by blood and marriage.  As such, he was forbidden to marry outside his station.  I'm sure glad he did and had the temerity to not only do so, but to come to America and bring the Candler line to America. Now back to my table......it is a work in progress but a beginning..........


 Hannah Fiske (photo from Ancestry.com research.  Posted by the Rose Family Tree member)
Placemats I am making.  I could not find what I wanted so decided to make my own.
 I don't have them all finished yet but it is still a work in progress.
I can't decide yet if I like the table place setting with or without the placemat.
 I'm leaning towards with the placemat.

Loved this little plate and sweet dish.

I just could not resist the little planter with the green carnations or the little IRISH sign.  I added Mr. Leprechaun to the floral arrangement.  I was given the Irish cows (Mary's Moo Moo's) years ago.  Found the green candles on clearance after Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like your table with the placemat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I just have to get the rest of them made! Hopefully before St. Patrick's Day.

      Delete