Tuesday, April 27, 2010

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that after 30 years of trying I finally managed to grow a peony plant here and get it to bloom! I honestly think the snow we had did it. Maybe I need to pluck that sucker out of the dirt every winter and put it in the refrigerator for a few weeks! I've tried so many times to grow one and never got it to grow! Last year I got leaves but no flowers and that was my usual success. I have loved peonies for years and we had them in Oregon and they were so pretty thaI really wanted them here. I live in the lowest zone they are supposed to be able to grow in and it just tickles me that they finally grew!



Here are some of the blooms individual shots. Aren't they just gorgeous?




Then on the way home from work today, I stopped at Walmart and while in the store a really strong rain storm broke out. I waited until it had a chance to abate some and when I went out to my car, this is what was so breath-taking! I tried to get these images side by side but that did not work so well. It looked good in the preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment